Friday, March 11, 2011

poems to refine: gimmi your two cents, peas?

"the impound lot"

one classy joint
yes indeed
we'll be mocking the speed
by
fo ll ow ing

gallantry
superfeed
the night shift
black shirt with wings

Henry's


"met"
when off I'll have a ride if and when I want to
a peace symbol by learned youngsters
youngsters younger even than I
sit and address and watch the entitled
walk so purposefully by

felt no need from those
somewhat confused, strike me as a bit
bleak. energies perceived or conceived of wonders and
with a halt to motion I juxtaposed to the darlings' feet
there were two and then three but my
eyes saw one young
so the bodies outnumbered the minds,
there was He and then there was a connection-
eyes saw one young outside daunting time
smoke came out the mouths in peels. a little different message
in the morning the third cigarette revealed
"can numerology predict behaviour?"


"simulate"

i woke up this morning with a
wrinkle in my mind
leaves are leaving one at a time
I never stayed long enough to see the change
from green for good to grey.

we were told everything isn't what it is
but of it what you make
&all our damage is mutually less grave/
I could take the problems and
find a reason for each of them
as long as everybody is content to pray
to a man in a white robe and a solemn
groan for every mistake

I looked at my messy room for
a minute or two
oh, all these things I've accumulated
for pattern or colour or shape
So, this is my taste.
my softest blanket state feels harsh or lame
I lit another cigarette to keep me in the
thought of this
system I've divided and respectfully
named
oooh

I can't find comfort
in the knowing
we're not going insane
got to have a reason to keep
working when the money you'll make
will never buy you anything
you wont look down upon one day

ooooh
I don't know
Oooh if god is a good man
oooh i don't know if
his robe is clean because
he never left heaven
ooooh I don't know if I should give it more time
oooooh i don't if any other syllable
ooooooh
matched a colour
so
well


"--"
i hate the way you look at me so
intensely. copy my paperstyle& glance
down compassionately. unwelcome behav-
iour in my elitest company. sense of
colour& caliber shows in, bone structure
eyebrows are supposed to be sisters but
not twins.
i have fathers cheekbones, jaw, &brow
mothers complexion, freckles &
figure. who am i now?


"FUCK IT."
fuck it.
fuck it.
fuck it.
fuck it.
denounce.
renounce.
fuck-it.
start a ruckus

feet in the mud kinda religion.

so obvious, horribly obvious
he were as he
foldedly sat there
confused in his chair
by brain workings &thus
fudging them up.


"destination clover"
engage happenchance mode
press the killswitch if that is passable
bubbling with enthusiasm nightly
word to her customers
she is humbled to serve

her aim is greatness
the goodness gracious
bringer of mellow mood
a delightful duty dancer

wishes the weather were better
so she could enjoy her hammock in
solitude
to read or perhaps idly muse
giggling for imagination or
lounging with music
whispering profuse
profess
confess

"wiggle baby"
wiggle baby
wiggle for me
&look at you in confusion
even as i see

you're struggling to contain
that your guilt contrives
fear not dear I shall not
judge you
as I find you
out sights
view as soon
as you depart


"
i haven't
any
CLUE

ALONE IN AQUALAND

blue lights
toning me down

music no longer
timidly

a ROAR
my ears are your
receptacle

WHIRL
goes the room

vision vort hexical

"IMAGINARY VOICEMAIL"
i keep seeing this single
scintillation or the pop in the same
corner of my left eye lately.
anyway, i'm not sure
how yours works. i have the space
thing covered in a physical sense but
facebook makes all places relative, sometimes.
plus, my two weeks is probably worlds apart from
yours. i mean, you have jobs plural &social
responsibility whereas.. i.. well, two weeks
ago seems like last night yet this morning..
could have been several days ago. i dunno.
breakfast meets dinner& what was that?

i'm drawing so much& writing letters& poems&
songs& notes& reading& thinking& wandering
around my neighbourhood& cultivating my personal
brand of orison but.. those things aren't measuring marks.
they all flow into each other, you know?

yeah, i digress. i really just wanted to say i'm still thinking about you
i mean, i have been the whole time but i was wondering
what you think about that rather, curious slash hopeful
you might be a little as well?

your answering machine probably cut me off already.
k well, um. t.t.f.n.m.d.


"paranoid in the library"
Do I smell Strange?
Do I look a bit funny?
Are my lyrics too drummy?
Am I suddenly dumpy?
As I crack toes, fingers, ankles& neck
As my heart beats me to sweat

I am smelly I can feel it
In my brow& sternum
and my belly aflop unto my lap
lower lip hanging upper
some kind of creamy electric

God, what a whore
keep your head down
you pretty dumb bitch
shut up with your shit mouth
you croon in your rich

vibrate
have a tantrum hissy
let these words suck your chic-dick
laughingly quote suck my spike end-quote
in a rhetorical quip
phone home lady sissy
with your emotional mental
creative constipation

can't write?
write about
can't and the
write of the subjectively
defined concept
&association
get a laugh off it
feel the
bleed don't get
excited. i mean
that most


"retail position"
but i feel i need circulation tights
as i sit i feel cold& wet in my bones
feet& legs pressured on the floor
always resisting
if I were to concentrate on that
feeling my leg may
feel as though its planted
s t y l e
strange decorated girl
sitting at the stall
wall of thought
grey and marked up
the colour of smoker's fingernails
she clutched to her pen
unknowingly
falling
down the
vaguest
well



of
self-loathing it seems
what is this mood
i talk myself in to?


oy, vay
my hands are kinda rough
they feel so uncomfortable in the
library close quarters.

HIRE SOMEONE TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM
on the regular
& WIDEN UP YOUR HOURS
provide a hygienic,
seclusion condusive
environment for me to chill
&operate on this lower frequency.

tone it down, lady girl
cat woman can't fly here
she's too proud

this is the nook
cramped swamy cuntspace
punishing me for being
so damn careless
urging her to go home&
do the laundry
feel bad about holding up from going to the show
want to keep writing



my neck is growing stiff from this writing
i feel smessy melly

voices like engines
making miscellaneous sounds
crunching god knows what
girl lazily sucking on the
roof of her mouth
or chewing cheeks

slightly high means why be stopping
don't stretch your neck
rolling your head eyes closed mouth
open
cool books, outdated.

OUR GOVERNMENT SHOULD BUY
barnes& noble& distribute
properties to libraries
on the local

the hostage keeper w/his online vendetta
or ultimatum.
"we're the definition of a library."

since my orchestra conductor said
"why not be incredible."
urging us to master
our instruments& sing with them
why not so in any

just a lot of vague
stops and spots
justifying the rambling
with curious
handwriting

BIG BITCH IN THE SALESROOM.
Old Jack's theory on customer
service does not apply here
many are uneducated. i was
not trained, so I have sometimes
led astray
remembering wrong
maybe imaginary

BEAUTY EXPERT
crossitout.
this is something
to really think
about.

HOW DARE YOU TREAT US THIS WAY?