Saturday, March 13, 2010

to God Above (should it exist)

I don't believe I'm talking to myself
but I don't feel as though I'm talking to someone else
I'm just.. talking?

[lovershrinkgodhead present or not, the session has hereby commenced]

when you don't want anything
it's easy to take
when you need nothing
you must incur debt
and a need for money is thereby made
is this not the american way?
(a need I do not feel; but systematically acknowledge by ignoring. oh)

"I pledge allegiance
to the flag
of the United States
of America,
and to the republic
for which it stands,
one nation
under God,
indivisible,
with liberty
and justice
for all."
[queue shudder]
I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.

I know I must need & want something
but what?
who, rather? I don't knowIdon'tknowIdon'tknow

I've never been guilty or cared for or of
I can't keep a secret; I cannot register love
outbound
inbound
found

but, I think, I do know comfort or content, whichever
(constant. See, I'm so adaptable I forgot how to be bored, My lord.)

so I guess I'd be asking
if I knew who or what you were
if you could lend me a little
insight- what is it I'm missing?
don't give it to me - just show me a need
and then, if & when you please, after I can see
show me how to be guilty after I adopt the greed

benevolent, objective
hypothetical being?
you've got time & nothing to lose;
so,
why wouldn't you?



write back soon,
I